Chess Federation of Sri Lanka (TCA)on behalf of the Asian Chess Federation (ACF) have the honour on inviting all Asian National Chess Federations to participate in the 2019 Asian Youth Chess Championships and Asian Youth Rapid and Blitz Championships, which will be held in Kaluthara, Sri Lanka. This event will be held from 1st (arrival) to 10th(departure)April 2019.
Registration and Travel
1.Each participant (official or additional player and accompanying person) must pay registration fee of USD125 to the OC before 1stFebruary 2019 – the Registration deadline. This registration fee is compulsory and represents a confirmation of participation and includes accreditation and transportation
from and to Colombo airport and internal travel to the venue if needed.
2.After the Registration deadline no official players will be accepted and their application will be treated as additional players. Also organizer reserves the right to refuse late registration or accepting with penalty
charge of USD100 for each late registration.
3. Registration form must be filled by National Federation officials and delivered to the OC before registration deadline.
4. All the travel expenses must be paid by the participants or their Federation. Only member Federations of Asian Chess Federation are entitled to submit registration forms. Individual applications will not be
5. For security and organizational reasons and in accordance with FIDE tournament regulations all National Delegations shall use the official hotel(s) designated by the OC.
Venue & Hotel – Board & Lodging
1. The Official Hotels of the events are the Citrus Hotel and JIE JIE Beach Hotel in Waskaduwa. Distance between the Hotels are 2.5 Km. Venue might be either of the Hotels or both according to number of participants. The transport between the Hotels is provided for the games.
2. Selection of the Hotel will be done by the organizing Committee on First come first serve basis.
3. If there is increased demand or late registrations accepted, the OC will offer additional hotels of similar quality.
4. Official players are offered full board accommodation from 1st(arrival, lunch) to 10th (breakfast,departure).April 2018 Note: any additional dates will be charged at full rate of the hotel subject to availability.
1. FIDE direct title regulations have been amended effective 1st July 2017. Award of direct titles are now based on the minimum rating requirements as published in the FIDE handbook. Notice of these minimum ratings will be posted at the venue. Those who do not meet these requirements shall be
awarded these titles on reaching the necessary rating, at any time.
2. Gold medalist of U18 categories shall be awarded the title of International Master (IM) / Woman International Master(WIM). 1stequal player shall get IM norm. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the FIDE Master(FM) / Woman FIDE Master (WFM) title.
3. Gold medalist of U16 category shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM and an IM /WIM norm. 1 stequal player will get FM title. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the Candidate Master (CM) / Woman Candidate Master (WCM)title.
4. Gold medalist of U12 & U14 categories shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM title. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the CM / WCM title.
5. Gold, Silver& Bronze Medal (after tiebreak up to 3 players) winners of the U8 & U10 categories shall be awarded the CM/WCM title.
1. Top 10 players in each event will be awarded: first three places Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and Trophies. 4thto10thplaces will be awarded special prizes. All the Gold medalists on standard category will receive a Digital Chess Clock.
2. Three best Federations, by ranking of medals collected in all categories in Standard Chess, will receive a trophy. For placing the number of gold medals will be taken under consideration, if there is a tie, then the number of silver medals, if there is still a tie, then the number of bronze medals. If
finally this is still equal, then the total number of medal winners.
3. The champions of AYCC-2019 shall have the personal right to participate in the World Youth Championship of the corresponding age-category or a higher age-category if the stipulation of Art.1 is met. This privilege may be exercised once exclusively in the subsequent year following the year
4. Certificates of Participation shall be given to all players, FIDE accredited trainers, Managers, and the appointed Technical Officials.
1. The Chairman of the Appeals Committee/ technical Delegate shall be nominated by the Continental President in consultation with the organizing Federation. The Committee shall be composed of three members and two reserves, all from different Federations, chosen from among the representatives of National Federations present. No member shall take part in a decision affecting a player of his own Federation. (unless both parties are from the same federation).
2. A protest against the decision of an Arbiter or the Chief Arbiter must be submitted to the AC in writing within one hour after the end of the playing session with protest fee of USD300.
3. The AC may also decide to refund the fee if it considers the appeal has merit. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final, binding and takes effect immediately.
4. Rapid and Blitz Championship regulations will be published on official website.
Chairman Organizing Committee,
General Secretary – Commonwealth Chess Association
Vice President – Asian Chess Federation
Official web address:
Contact: email: email@example.com
Tel: +94 715397829