As a part of the National Sports Festival this year the selections for the Western Province Chess Team will be selected to represent the province.
Venue: ParakramabahuMahaVidyala, Narahenpita
Dates: 27th and 28th July (Commence at 8.30am)
Rules and regulations
• All participants should have an approved application for the tournament. (The application can be obtained by the sports officer in your respective division)
• All participants should be above 16 years of age
• Should be residents of the Western Province
• All rules of FIDE will be applied and time limitations for each round played will be decided by the organizer depending on the number of registrations for the event.
• Decision of the organizer will be final, and any appeals should be made during the tournament it self
• All entries should be submitted before 25th July. (Thursday)
Additional Requirements for Players
• Men’s event – Should be rated above 1600 ELO.
• Women’s Event – Should be rated above 1200 ELO
• Direct Entries
o International Masters (IM)
• Direct Entries should be present at the start of the tournament with the application for the tournament signed by the relevant sports officer.
• Wild card entries
o Players below the rating will be considered provided they produce a proven outstanding performance at chess events.
o The organizers will approve the wild card entry after discussion
For further inquiries and clarifications.
Chief Organizer: Mr.Akalanka (0770328567)